1736 Josiah Dennis Manse Museum
Phone: (508) 385-2232
77 Nobscusset Road, Dennis, MA
Hours: June – September; Tues. 10AM – 12PM; Thurs. 2-4PM Built in 1736 for the Rev. Josiah Dennis, for whom the town is named, this salt box house was purchased by the town in 1967. It has been fully restored. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. There is a maritime room with a diorama of the Shiverick shipyard and has various items associated with the days of clipper ships.
1801 Jericho Historical Center
Phone: (508) 394-0206
Old Main Street, West Dennis
Historic house built in 1801 by Capt. Theophilus Baker. Exhibits include antiques, glassware, costumes, tools and driftwood zoo.
1867 West Dennis Graded School House and Maritime Museum
67 School St., West Dennis
This property is owned by the Town of Dennis.
Scargo Hill Road, Dennis Village
Scargo Tower began as a tourist observatory in 1874. Made of wood, it was destroyed in a gale two years later. Rebuilt again of wood, it burned in 1900. the present cobblestone tower opened in 1901. The 30 foot high tower is located atop the highest hill in the mid-Cape. Indian legends tell of the making of both Scargo Hill and Scargo Lake. Views may be seen of the entire lower cape to Provincetown, and as far west as Plymouth.