Dennis Chamber of Commerce, Dennis, MA
REPORTS TO: The Board Of Directors
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Dennis Chamber of Commerce Executive Director (ED) manages daily operations, fundraising, marketing and member services, to include member recruitment and retention. The ED is responsible to the Board Of Directors for the full range of activities including coordination of the program of work (strategic/business plan); organizational structure and procedures; motivation of members and volunteers; income and expenditures; employment, training and supervision of staff; interpretation of policy; maintenance of quarters; long-range planning.
This year round, full time, salaried position requires a dynamic self-starter with enthusiasm and confidence in working closely with businesses, the community, government officials and volunteers. The ED will be an ambassador for the chamber and the town to help business, town and community organizations work together while working to promote, increase, and preserve business and member relationships. Leadership for this position requires developing, initiating, and implementing programs and services for current members with a Board Of Directors and a full time administrative staff member.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in business or public administration desired
- 5-7 years of experience as Executive Director and/or Assistant Director of an Established Chamber of Commerce or other non-profit organization; or comparable management experience desired
- Demonstrated success with developing programs for revenue generation
- Must have experience in accounting, business, and social media platforms software
- Must have strong presentation skills; public speaking and communication skills
- Must be willing to play a highly visible role
- Ability to show high energy and commitment to Chamber activities
- Understanding of government affairs, economic development, and the tourism industry
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning for non-profit organizations.
The Executive Director shall serve as advisor to the officers and committee chairs, guiding the development of the Chamber’s overall program of work. The Director shall assemble information, data, and special reports as directed by the Board. This is a full time position that also requires availability for all Chamber events and meetings, including some nights and weekends.
Areas of Focus for this position include:
- Current Member Retention and New Member Recruitment
- Identify areas of interest and/or concern for the needs within the membership
- Act as an advocate for the Chamber and the business community
- Daily Budget and Financial Recordkeeping, Payments, Forecasting, Filings and Grant/Sponsorship Solicitations
- Governmental/Civic Affairs
- Knowledge of Cape Cod and the Islands and the Dennis area businesses, changing dynamics and the community is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume by May 18, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.